Thursday 11 December 2014

Nicole by OPI - Poised in Turquoise

Hey guys!  Today's polish is Nicole by OPI Poised in Turquoise.  I don't own very many NOPI as personally I don't really care for the bottle, but the polish inside looked so pretty and it was only $3.00 at Dollarama, so I couldn't pass it up.

Swatch and Review Nicole by OPI Poised in Turquoise Seche Vite
Nicole by OPI - Poised in Turquoise
This is four thin coats of Poised in Turquoise with one coat of Seche Vite.  When I first started getting into polish, I didn't have patience for anything that was more than two coats really.  I've since come to learn that sometimes for a polish I may need three or four.  The formula on this is very thin, and I found even after waiting a few minutes between coats that it tended to drag at the cuticle a bit.  It's so darn pretty though that the four coats were worth it.

Swatch and Review Nicole by OPI Poised in Turquoise Seche Vite
Nicole by OPI - Poised in Turquoise
 While it isn't a duochrome, in some lights it leans more green, and in others more blue.  In low lighting, the shine/flash that appears on the nails is an emerald green.  Unfortunately I couldn't properly capture this in photos.  It did stain the sides of my nails a little bit upon removal, so you might want to double up on basecoat.

Since this was at Dollarama, I'm not sure if it's still available in stores, but I'm glad I didn't ignore it just because of the bottle shape.  Are you a NOPI fan?