Wednesday 5 November 2014

Zoya - Autumn

Hey guys, today's polish is Zoya Autumn from the Fall 2014 Ignite Collection.  I actually bought the whole Ignite set from Nail Polish Canada, but the one that stood out to me most was Autumn since it's not like anything I thought I'd normally wear.  The description in italics below is from Zoya.

Swatch and Review Zoya Autumn Ignite Collection HK Girl
Zoya - Autumn
 Autumn is a varnished copper liquid metal 
This is three thin coats of Autumn with one coat of HK Girl topcoat.  The first and second coat went on a bit patchy and the formula is thick.  Normally I like thick formulas, but I had a little bit of trouble with this one.  The third coat smoothed everything out nicely though and the foil finish is really stunning.  

Swatch and Review Zoya Autumn Ignite Collection HK Girl
Zoya - Autumn
I honestly didn't think I'd like this one, but I actually do.  It's definitely different than any other polish I own.  Despite the formula being a bit troublesome, it was worth it.  The gold flecks in it make it multidimensional and sometimes it appears like the colour shifts to a more reddish hue.  It did show my ridges a bit, but that didn't bother me.

Are you a fan of foil finishes? 

Canadians can purchase Zoya online at Nail Polish Canada, prices range from $8.75 to $10.75 depending on finish.  At the time of this blog post shipping is free within Canada on orders over $25.00.

Nail Polish Canada: Store, Facebook, and Twitter