Tuesday 16 September 2014

ILNP - Purple Plasma

Hey guys!  Today's polish is ILNP Purple Plasma.  I received it in a swap and I'm very glad that it's now in my stash.  I do have to announce very clearly though, that purples are the devil!  I gravitate towards purple anything, but especially polish.  Purple polish multiples like bunnies and every time I try to take photos of a purple I feel like it's a futile effort.  They never turn out exactly like I want them to, no matter how hard I try.  That said, I got these as close as I possibly could for you, but it's still much better in person.  The description in italics below is directly from the ILNP website.

Swatch and Review ILNP Purple Plasma Holo Shimmer Sparkle HK Girl Lilypad Lacquer Vixens Wear Violet
ILNP - Purple Plasma
Purple Plasma is a lusciously saturated electric purple holographic polish that is sure to make your mouth water! Look a little closer and you’ll see how the touch of red and gold sparkle really bring this polish to life!
 
This is two coats of Purple Plasma with one coat of HK Girl.  I found with the first coat that the polish dragged a bit. The a second coat went on much better and everything smoothed out perfectly.  I think part of the issues with the dragging is the brush.  It's on the wider side, which I personally love, but I find it a bit stiff and doesn't float the polish as well as some other brushes do.

Swatch and Review ILNP Purple Plasma Holo Shimmer Sparkle HK Girl Lilypad Lacquer Vixens Wear Violet
ILNP - Purple Plasma
Like I mentioned before, this polish is definitely better in person.  The shimmers really make it interesting even in lower lighting when you can't see the holo as much.  The holo is a little bit more subtle in Purple Plasma than some of the other holos from ILNP, but I think that works well with the flash of sparkle.  Even though the brush isn't my favourite, Purple Plasma is still a fantastic addition to any purple lover's collection.

When I first put it on it reminded me of Lilypad Lacquer Vixens Wear Violet, but for a polishaholic they are different enough that you may need both.  I don't have a comparison available for you as I don't currently own Vixens Wear Violet, but you can check out my photos and review of it at the link above.  If you had to choose which one would be your favourite, the ILNP or the Lilypad Lacquer?  I am sad to say I don't think I could choose as I still want the Lilypad even though I'm enamoured with Purple Plasma.

Purple Plasma and many of their other polishes are currently available on ILNP.com and polishes range from $10.00 to $12.50 USD depending on the finish.  Shipping to Canada starts at $9.80 USD for the first polish.  ILNP keeps all available products in stock to make for easy shopping. Subscribe to ILNP's newsletter for information on upcoming releases or sales.

ILNP: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest