Friday 25 July 2014

Hard Candy - Crush on Ivy

Hey guys!  Today's polish is another Hard Candy from their Crushed Chromes collection.  This polish was featured in my "Filing Mishaps" post, but I wanted to give it a full review for it.  I'm back to shorter nails and now that I'm over my initial shock and dismay, I'm actually really digging the new length, especially for typing.  Anyway, on to the polish!

Swatch and Review Hard Candy Crush on Ivy Foil Metallic HK Girl
Hard Candy - Crush on Ivy


This is two coats of Hard Candy Crush on Ivy with one coat of HK Girl topcoat.  The first coat went on a little patchy and it needed two to be completely opaque.  The formula is easy to control and a little bit thicker which I like.  I had no issues on the second coat.

Swatch and Review Hard Candy Crush on Ivy Foil Metallic HK Girl
Hard Candy - Crush on Ivy

While Hard Candy notes it has a "golden textured finish", I found Crush on Ivy pretty smooth to the touch.  The foil finish does highlight some of my ridges, but I'm okay with that.  On it's own it dries semi-glossy, so I recommend a shiny topcoat.  I love how the gold flecks really make it glow and how at different angles it looks like it's shifting colour.  Removal was pretty easy, not quite as easy as removing a plain creme, but not that difficult.  Stray glitters find their way onto the skin, but I usually wash my hands after removing polish anyway.

Do you own any Hard Candy polishes?  If so let me know which are your favourite and if not which one would you like most?  You can visit them on their site to see which polishes are currently available.  Thanks for reading!

Hard Candy polishes can be purchased in the Walmart beauty section.  They retail for $3.99 in Canada and each polish is 7.8ML or 0.26 FL. OZ.