Friday 13 June 2014

Zoya - Jem

Hey guys!  Today's polish is Zoya Jem. I purchased Jem from a destash sale months ago, but haven't worn it.  I like to mix it up and wear my untrieds from all different brands and when Zoya's turn popped up again I instantly gravitated to Jem.  I totally remember watching Jem and the Holograms as a little girl and there was a hint of nostalgia as I put Zoya Jem on and Jem is truly truly truly outrageous!

Swatch and Review Zoya Jem HK Girl Duri Rejuvacote
Zoya - Jem

This is two coats of Jem with one coat of HK Girl topcoat.  Jem applied a wee bit streaky on the first coat, but the second coat went on smoothly.  The formula is a bit on the thicker side which I happen to prefer.  Dry time is a bit on the slower side.  As always I'd recommend using a quick-dry topcoat to seal it in.

Swatch and Review Zoya Jem HK Girl Duri Rejuvacote
Zoya - Jem

Jem is a gorgeous, vampy purple that is blackened at the edges and has pink and gold shimmer.  In the bottle the shimmer is a lot more noticeable and it looks like it has a foil-like finish, but this doesn't translate to the nail.  The shimmer is really subtle in lower lights, but in sunlight and under brighter lighting it really pops.  Because it's a metallic polish, it does show nail imperfections, so if you have major ridges like me you might want to go with a ridgefilling basecoat.  I used my favourite Duri Rejuvacote, but if seeing your ridges through the polish bothers you either double-up or go for a ridgefiller.

Overall it has a great formula and and it's a stunning polish.  I don't normally note anything about wear time as polish sometimes only lasts about 24 - 48 hours, but I wore Jem with no chips for four days and I finally took it off to do another mani even though it was still perfectly intact.  I know that wear time is different for everyone, but I'm really impressed!

Zoya polishes are available online through Nail Polish Canada and Jem is currently available at the time of this blog post for $9.75 and free shipping. 

Nail Polish Canada: Facebook and Twitter