Saturday 10 May 2014

Zoya - Kate

Hey guys!  Today's polish is Zoya Kate.  Kate is described by Zoya as a soft medium dusty mauve with rose-pink and brown.  Depending on various lights, Kate really takes on different looks.  In some lights it leans more mauve, in others it leans more pinky-brown.  On me it definitely looks more pinky-brown.

Swatch and Review Zoya Kate HK Girl
Zoya - Kate

This is two coats of Kate with one coat of HK Girl topcoat.  The first coat was even and smooth, but didn't cover completely so two coats were needed for full opacity.  In some lights there is a wee bit of visible nail line, but it's nothing that I really noticed unless I was looking really close up.  I like how it's opaque it is, while still looking kind of squishy like a jelly.  Kate also dries to a shiny finish on it's own, but I always use topcoat for a super glossy look.

Zoya - Kate

The formula on this polish is a little thinner than I'm used to and at first I had a wee bit of trouble with the polish pooling onto the nail from the brush, but once I wiped off the whole length of one side of the brush it applied much better.  I was pretty surprised by how pigmented it was, even though the formula was thin.  I didn't have any issues with patching or streaking and it self-leveled perfectly.

I really like the colour and formula of this polish.  It's not something I would normally reach for, but I'm glad I did.  Do you own any Zoyas?  Which one is your favourite colour?  Let me know in the comments below and thanks for reading!

Zoya Kate is available for $9.95 through Nail Polish Canada.  Shipping is currently free as of this blog post.