Tuesday 27 May 2014

Girly Bits - Twitterpated

Hey guys!  Today's polish is from a new to me brand called Girly Bits.  Girly Bits is a Canadian Indie brand that sells polish, nail care products and also frankening items should you want to try your hand at making your own polish.  While I've never ordered from Girly Bits directly myself, all I've heard about them is great things.

Swatch & Review Girly Bits Twitterpated Holo Shimmer HK Girl
Girly Bits - Twitterpated
 This is three coats of Girly Bits Twitterpated with one coat of HK Girl topcoat though it dried glossy all on it's own.  It's a little bit on the sheer side and I used thinner first and second coats and there was still visible nail line.  While I don't mind this personally, in photos it would have been much more pronounced.  The thin layers dried quickly, but I did add a thicker third coat to ensure it was completely opaque.  The quick-dry topcoat definitely helped speed up the dry time of the third coat. Formula while a bit thin was easy for me to control and went on smoothly.

Swatch & Review Girly Bits Twitterpated Holo Shimmer HK Girl
Girly Bits - Twitterpated

Girly Bits describes the polish as "a light purple foil/holographic with pink shimmer", which fits perfectly.  I've mentioned it previously, but polishes that are multidimensional or have extras are my favourite.  The linear rainbow in Twitterpated is strong and beneath that is a pink shimmer that grabs the attention, especially in low lighting.  I've amusingly (to myself at least) dubbed the shimmer "twinkly bits".


Swatch & Review Girly Bits Twitterpated Holo Shimmer HK Girl
Girly Bits - Twitterpated

The twinkly bits in the polish peek out from the rainbow and are awesomely distracting.  You know in that way where your eyes are suddenly drawn to your nails because they just seem to be saying "hey there". 

While this is my first Girly Bits, it definitely won't be my last.  There are numerous others on my wishlist that I hope will soon be finding their way into my helmer and onto my nails.  Do you own any Girly Bits polishes?  Which ones are your favorite, or if you don't have any yet let me know which ones you want most.  Thanks for reading!

Girly Bits can be purchased directly from their site, at Canadian e-tailer Harlow & Co or Llarowe, prices vary by finish.  You can stay in touch with Girly Bits at the links below or subscribe to their newsletter on their site.

Girly Bits: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest,