Tuesday 15 April 2014

Duri Rejuvacote Challenge - Day 7

Hey guys!  I'm back!  Sorry I disappeared for a bit there, but the last couple weeks have been pretty rough.  I ended up with an ear infection on top of my almost daily headaches and the antibiotics I'm on make me nauseous.  I have kept up with applying Duri Rejuvacote to my nails every day so I've got the final day of my Duri 7 Day Challenge.

Duri Rejuvacote Challenge - Day1
 Is Duri a "miracle grow" type of product? 

No, my nails are growing at a normal rate, so it doesn't increase the speed at which your nails grow. 

Does it improve the look and strength of your nails? 

My answer is yes, as long as you continue to use it.  I had stopped using Duri as my basecoat for some time now and have started using other various basecoats.  My nails were starting to feel really weak again and they were regularly cracking at the corners and starting to peel again even with using cuticle oil and a glass file. 

Does Duri "cure" your weak, brittle nails so you can stop using it and have beautiful strong nails forever? 

In my opinion it won't fix the problem if there are other factors involved like poor nutrition, vitamin deficiencies or other medical factors. I have an iron deficiency and my diet could definitely be better.  I do need to start drinking more water again which could certainly help with keeping my nails stronger.  Like I noted above, you'll need to keep using it for it to keep helping.

Duri Rejuvacote Nail Treatment
Duri Rejuvacote Challenge - Day 7
So here are my nails one week later after using only the Duri Rejuvacote treatment.  While not a drastic change you can see the growth difference. While one week is a very short time to accurately say whether my nails are "healthier"; based on previous experience with regular use, I do feel that Duri does help improve nail health for weak, peeling nails.  I will continue to use it as my base coat under my polishes again and perhaps I will do a followup post a month from now.

One thing I do want to note about Duri, is that it also makes my cuticles seem to grow a bit more quickly.  I don't cut them, but I do push them back very gently and once a week I use Sally Hansen Instant Cuticle remover to remove any stray cuticle from my nail bed. 

Do you use any special nail treatments?  Let me know in the comments below. 
Please note, Duri is not 3-free and does contain Formaldehyde and Camphor.  You can find a complete list of ingredients here.  Canadians can purchase Duri Rejuvacote online at Nail Polish Canada for $12.95.  Currently shipping is free at the time of this blog post.