Thursday 17 April 2014

China Glaze - Scandalous Shenanigans

Hey guys!  Today's pretty is China Glaze Scandalous Shenanigans from the 2013 Autumn Nights collection.  I received the whole collection for my birthday from my wonderful husband and while I'd previously admired the bottle I hadn't tried it yet and when going through my untried China Glaze polish this one screamed "try me!".

Swatch and Review China Glaze Autumn Nights Scandalous Shenanigans HK Girl
China Glaze - Scandalous Shenanigans

This is one (yes, that's right...ONE) coat of China Glaze Scandalous Shenanigans with one coat of HK Girl topcoat.  This baby is so pigmented that one coat completely covers with no streaks, bald spots or patches at all.  I just painted on the one coat, and checked it with my Ott-Lite there was no visible nail line or any bare spots that I could see.  Even in photos the one coat looks perfect.

Swatch and Review China Glaze Autumn Nights Scandalous Shenanigans HK Girl
China Glaze - Scandalous Shenanigans

The formula itself is a little bit thin, so make sure to wipe off your brush pretty good or the polish will drip down your brush and you might get more polish than you want.  You really don't need a lot of it either as a small bead on the end of your brush will cover the whole nail if you have shorter nails like me.  I did notice a few brushstrokes in the finish, but they're not super noticeable and topcoat helps to hide them.  I personally don't mind a bit of brushstrokiness in the finish as long as it's not patchy or streaky looking.

Another brief note is that since it's a highly pigmented blue, it can stain a bit.  Surprisingly when I was cleaning my cuticles up I noticed only a faint bit of staining, but with further cleaning most of it was gone.  I didn't have to scrub at my cuticles to get them clean which is awesome!  Upon removal it didn't stain my nail bed, but it did make my free edge a bit blue which was cleaned up with soap and water and a nail brush.

Do you have any favourite polishes that are "one and done"?  Let me know in the comments and thanks for reading!