Friday 25 April 2014

China Glaze - In A Lily Bit

Hey guys!  I've got a third polish from the China Glaze China Glaze City Flourish Peonies & Park Ave set for you.

Swatch and Review China Glaze In A Lily Bit City Flourish Peonies & Park Ave HK Girl
China Glaze - In A Lily Bit

In a Lily Bit is a pastel lilac creme.  This is three coats of In A Lily Bit with one coat of HK Girl topcoat.  The formula on this one was identical to Spring In My Step.  I needed three thicker coats and it didn't want to self-level.  Topcoat does help smooth everything out, so I'd recommend a good thick topcoat.

Swatch and Review China Glaze In A Lily Bit City Flourish Peonies & Park Ave HK Girl
China Glaze - In A Lily Bit

Another pretty colour with a formula that is less than desirable in my opinion.  I like to be able to put on base coat, two coats of colour and topcoat and be done.  Three coats is fine as long as it self-levels and looks even.  In person it's not as bad, but the photos do magnify the imperfections.

2 comments:

  1. The color is pretty, but I think I'm too warm-toned to carry it off. Looks amazing on your nails though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet! :) Thank you for your comments, it really means a lot to me! I'm kind of fair, but sometimes the camera makes me dark, or super super pale. You never know if it will suit you until you try it. If you have a Costco, they have the whole set of the "Peonies and Park Ave" for $19.99. Then if you don't like it there are other colour choices that might suit you better. I have "Lotus Begin" coming up that you might like better.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave me a comment! I will try to read and respond to any comments or questions you may have.