Thursday 27 March 2014

Zoya - Belinda

Hey guys!  Today's mani I did things a little differently. One of my biggest concerns with my nails is the ridges.  Some of my nails are better than others, but some look like they're ski slopes for microbes!

I wanted to change things up a bit and try an at home gel mani using regular polish on top and see how I like that.  I was going to put on Nail Pattern Boldness Glitter A-Peel underneath, but I forgot...OOPS!  But, I went ahead with my plan and put on Zoya Belinda from the 2013 Zenith Collection.  I had a difficult time capturing this one.  My iPhone4S picked the colour up as more blue/black than purple in the picture below, but it's definitely purple.  The bottle shot is definitely more accurate in colour.
Swatch Review Zoya Belinda Metallic Purple Zenith Collection
Zoya Belinda

This is two coats of  Zoya Belinda with HK Girl topcoat.  For me application was actually a bit tricky.  I found the formula very thin and watery. The first coat went on kind of patchy, but a second medium coat worked to smooth everything out nicely.  I did have trouble with the polish pooling in my cuticles and while it didn't stain my skin, it stained the edges of the gel a bit.  That would by my mistake however as I tried to get as close to my skin as possible for it to look more even, but I should have stayed a bit further away.

Swatch Review Zoya Belinda Metallic Purple Zenith Collection
Zoya Belinda

This polish is a beautiful blacked purple which Zoya describes as a "cosmic purple metallic".  I'm not exactly sure what cosmic purple looks like, but when I think of metallic polishes, I think of finishes that are brushtrokey and and well...looks like metal in some way.  I didn't really have a problem with brushstrokes in the finish.

Swatch Review Zoya Belinda Metallic Purple Zenith Collection
Zoya Belinda

Even without topcoat the finish is smooth and glossy and it has tiny red, purple and blue shimmers that peek out from the base.  They were really hard to capture and I think the topcoat may have hidden them a bit.  While I don't have a macro camera and this shot may be kind of blurry, it does show all those little hidden twinkles a bit better.

Zoya can be purchased online at my favourite Canadian e-tailer Nail Polish Canada, prices are around $9.75 regular price and shipping is currently free as of this blog post date.
cosmic purple metallic.