Sunday 23 March 2014

Sunday Stamping - Skyline

Hey guys, today I have my Sunday Stamping mani from Adventures in Stamping.  The theme for this Sunday is "Skyline". I had a lot higher hopes for this mani, but unfortunately it didn't turn out very well.  So, I consider this one a fail, but I figure if I only showed you my triumphs. the blog would be very empty!

I didn't have a skyline type stamp so I had to improvise.  The stamps I used were from a set of two super jumbos plate from AliExpress that are a cheap knockoff of all the Konads plates from m1 to m81.  I used the clouds from m79 and the "building" image from m69.  I'm not exactly sure what the image is supposed to be, but I made a decal out of it and coloured the back in all black using Wet 'n Wild Black Creme polish. 

Stamping Skyline Color Club Endless Summer Nail Art Konad
Sunday Stamping Skyline

The cloud stamping was Konad White and the clouds didn't pick up completely in some spots, but I think it's because of the way I scraped the image.  It was very finicky and I had to do it multiple times to even get the images as they are on my nails. 

The decal was actually pretty difficult to work with.  It was wrinkled a bit and didn't quite lay flat and you can see where it wrinkled by the cloud in my middle finger.  I was going to put decals on the other nails, but figured I'd stick with the one accent nail.  I was also going to add some yellow dots for lights, but at that point I gave up.

Color Club Endless Summer Seche Vite
Color Club Endless Summer

The base for this mani was one thin and one thicker coat Color Club Endless Summer topped with Seche Vite.  The first and second coats were slightly patchy, but after topcoat they smoothed out a bit better for the background.  Endless Summer dries to a matte finish and dries quickly, very much like a neon. You can see on my ring finger that it could have done with a thicker coat and some balding on my middle finger by the cuticle.  If I were wearing this on it's own, I would probably have tried three thin coats.

Overall, I don't like how this turned out, but at least I tried!  Perhaps with practice I will get better at using the decals.  I think next time I'm going to try using a different clear coat instead of Seche Vite, and maybe not let them sit so long if I can help it.  If you have any tips to share regarding decals, or any questions about decals, leave me a comment below.