Thursday 20 March 2014

Nail Art - Colour Blocking and Stamping

Hey guys, I wanted to just do a quick post to show you some nail art that I did with the polish I posted yesterday.  China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy inspired me!  While nail art is not really my forte I love how it looks and I love to experiment.

Today's nail art is Colour Blocking and Stamping.  I don't know where the colour blocking first came from, but I first saw this on Chalkboard Nails.  She has a great post and tutorial explaining how to get the effect HERE.

China Glaze Tank Tops and Flip Flops Nail Art Stamping Color Blocking Tape Manicure MoYou
Colour Blocking and Stamping Nail Art

Instead of dividing my nail into three parts, I chose to just do them in half (well, close enough).  Like Chalkboard Nails I just used a regular piece of tape to help me paint my second colour.  For this mani I used all China Glaze polishes except for the stamp which is Konad White.

China Glaze Tank Tops and Flip Flops Nail Art Stamping Color Blocking Tape Manicure MoYou
Colour Blocking and Stamping Nail Art

The pinky/purpley colour is China Glaze Dance Baby, topped with China Glaze Fairy Dust and then stamped with MoYou Princess Collection plate 14.  I love how this turned out!  It looks bright and fun and the stamp looks like an abstract floral motif!  The picture above is kinda blurry, but it shows the sparkles a little better.

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Great color combo and stamping job! Well done Deb :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave me a comment! I will try to read and respond to any comments or questions you may have.